Friday, December 31, 2010

While I'm Waiting




Tragedy on New Year's Eve...

it is it a tragedy?

It was when we first found out. We cried together, held each other, wondered: why would God do this?

We decided... God didn't do this. Not purposelessly, anyway.

We surrendered ourselves to the Lord. We surrendered the outcome to the Lord.

But we were angry. We were confused. What were we to do in the meantime? Do we really end the year like this? Puffy eyes, tired bodies, weary souls.

We prayed. We talked. We continued to surrender. We cried some more. We wailed.

We said that God sees ahead of us. Days, weeks, months, years. He knows the outcome. Maybe if X happened, Y wouldn't happen. Who knows. Maybe this is why this happened. How could we claim to know the mind of God?

I had put on our local Christian radio station, 102.5FM to help us through... and the following song came on:



"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller

The song, which you really should listen to and read the lyrics to, says that the person will be praying, worshiping, serving, loving, etc., while he or she is waiting.

And that's just what we are going to do. We will continue to pray, be God's good servants, while we wait to hear the final outcome.

After the song was finished, we both had a smile on our face.

"Did you think that two hours ago, when we first found out, that we'd be smiling at this very moment?" he asked.

"No," I shook my head. "This would have destroyed our evening not too long ago. But now we are determined not to spend New Year's Eve caught in a web of sorrow and destitution. We will praise God and be thankful for everything He has given us."

And so I wish you a very Happy New Year. Know we are celebrating as well.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 23:4

Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post. Whether we agree or disagree, I hope to create a "table" where we can come together no matter who we are and be the people we were created to be. Let us comment with respect and love for each other. Thank you so much for taking the time to connect with me. Bless you!