Friday, August 19, 2011

Are You Looking for Your #1 or Your #2?

I heard Susie Larson over at Live the Promise interview Craig Groeschel today. His entire interview is worth listening to -- a little tease:

Do you want to know what "oddly godly" means? Go listen!

He talks about marriage and the state of it today (to put it simply; more complexly, he says so much more) and talks about how many young people come to him (he is a pastor) and say,

"Oh, Pastor! Pastor! I've met this awesome guy/girl... I know he/she is the ONE!!"

And Craig Groeschel posited, shouldn't God be the One? Shouldn't we turn to the Lord first and love him and establish our first intimate relationship with him first? Definitely!

Thus, says Groeschel, let God be your #1 and when you look for that good potential spouse, say:

"I met this awesome guy/girl...I think he/she is my TWO!"


He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"
~ Luke: 10:27

1 comment:

  1. Very, very cool, Lisa. Great advice, and thank you for sharing it! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog post. Whether we agree or disagree, I hope to create a "table" where we can come together no matter who we are and be the people we were created to be. Let us comment with respect and love for each other. Thank you so much for taking the time to connect with me. Bless you!