Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Ugly Turned Beautiful Life


"God's Word was meant for 
the ugly life."  

~ Beth Moore from the study, "Breaking Free."

Can I just admit it? I live the ugly life. I live the sinful life: getting angry, prideful, jealous, bitter, depressed, and doubtful. I walk with emotionally tattered clothes and emotionally battered face. I am in need of God. I am in need of a Savior. I am in need of breaking free from the bondage that tells me

I'm a 
bad person
selfish person
that I
don't matter
shouldn't be here
don't deserve any good thing

I must break free from the bondage that the enemy holds over me. He does not want me to know

that I am
made in God's image (Gen 1:26-27)
blessed by God (Gen 12:3, Eph 1:3)
strong, courageous, successful (Josh 1:7-9)
a daughter of the King (Ps 45:9)
precious and valuable (Deut 12:30,31; Ps 106:34-39)
the focus of God's love song (Zeph 3:17)

(I've got a list, shall I go on?)

It's time. 
It's time I let God set me free. 

I may live the ugly life, but God knows I deserve more and He wants to give me more.  
I know I live the ugly life, but I also know that God is for me. His love is for me, for you, for all of us.

He is knocking on the door and I must answer. 

“I believe; help my unbelief!”  (Mark 9:24 ESV)







And may I suggest a song for your breaking-free journey?
Matthew West's, The Healing Has Begun
(just click on the title and it will bring you to the amazing song)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog post. Whether we agree or disagree, I hope to create a "table" where we can come together no matter who we are and be the people we were created to be. Let us comment with respect and love for each other. Thank you so much for taking the time to connect with me. Bless you!